Search no further for kid friendly ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in 2021 in Broward. Have fun and create a bond with your kids at the same time.
1. Painting With a Twist – Paint Mommy and Me Giraffes
- Saturday, May 8th from 1pm to 3pm.
- 15971 Pines Blvd, Westfork Plaza Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Kids will learn to paint a picture of Mommy and Me Giraffes at this Family Day on Mother’s Day Weekend.
2. Board and Brush – Create Wood Signs
- May 1st, May 8th, and May 9th – Mulitple Times.
- 140 Weston Road, Sunrise, FL 33326
For $20 on May 1st, kids can create a wood sign from pre-determined designs. For $68, kids over 12 can come up with their own design on May 8th or 9th. Either way, this would be a fun way to bond with your kid and get a cool piece of artwork.
3. Mother’s Day 5k
- Sunday, May 9th from 6:30am – 10am.
- Vista View Park, 4001 SW 142nd Avenue, Davie, FL
If you are a running mom, this event may be the perfect Mother’s Day event for you. Get a runner’s high, work up an appetite and still have time left for your kids to make you a special breakfast for Mother’s Day. This socially distanced event includes staggered start times.
4. Mother’s Day – Bake It On Wheels
Bake It On Wheels will help your kid(s) make you a cookie bouquet or cake. Let’s hope kids can resist the temptation to eat their hand made tasty treat before they present it on Mother’s Day.
5. Mother’s Day Craft – Take it and Make It
- Thursday, May 6th from 10am to 5pm.
- Broward County Libraries – Weston Branch, 4205 Bonaventure Boulevard, Weston, FL, 33332
We understand that everyone is not ready to venture out to one of these gatherings but you may still want to give your kid a chance to do a Mother’s Day related arts and crafts. If so, head over to the Weston Library for a Take it and Make it Mother’s Day Craft.
If you are interested in an activity, please register soon because space is limited at some events.
Whatever you decide to do on Mother’s Day, mothers must remember we are special every day. Enjoy your day!!