We all know it! We all feel it! And we all need it and miss it!
I’m talking about good sleep! Sound sleep! And feeling well rested. Sometimes it seems completely impossible for us to get any sleep. I only have two children, and I feel like I haven’t slept in years. It’s probably because I haven’t.
There are several ways to get rid of eye bags, dark circles, puffy eyes, and just looking like a panda in general.
Tea Bags and Caffeine (Green tea or Chamomile)
- Steep two tea bags for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the tea bags chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Then, squeeze out the extra liquid and apply to your under-eye area.
- Leave the tea bags on for 15 to 30 minutes
Cold Compress ( 15-20 min ) these all work, find the one that works best for you.
- Chilled teaspoon
- Cool cucumber
- Wet washcloth
- Bag of frozen veggies
- Sliced raw potatoes
- Cold milk
- Try to take allergy medicine in season.
- Dark rings tend to be from extra pressure and more blood flow giving your eyes that dark look.
- Try to use essential oils to target the allergies and refuse sinus pressure.
- Change your Pillow Case often and replace it before too many allergens build up in it.
- Flush your sinus with a Nedi Pod
Sleeping Position and Props
- Use gravity. Get gravity on your side by sleeping with your head elevated to prevent excess fluid buildup.
- Use one or two pillows to keep your head up instead of sleeping flat on your back.
- Get at least 6/8 hours of sleep a night.
Diet and Excercise
- Try to eliminate salt and/or watch your intake.
- Sodium also takes a part in the puffiness in general.
- Exercise and getting the blood flow moving with all help decrease the circles.
- Not consuming toxins will also help… like illuminating alcohol and nicotine from your diet.
Caking and Baking
Somehow over the last few years, the internet has made it a trend to think that putting on more makeup and more layered of makeup will actually help as a distraction for the bags. The irony is it actually draws more attention than it helps. Layering loose powders and pigments especially as we get older does nothing but set in your wrinkles.
I use Jennifer Bradley’s full coverage concealer and it works like a charm. I also use the concealer by Kat Von Dee, Tarte, and Elf even has an awesome concealer all reasonably priced. I personally don’t like using a white or translucent powder under my eyes, I prefer a Banana powder and I use the BenNye one. If I’m really getting myself all dolled up I’ll also use the soft focus filter in a jar by Jennifer Bradley, but baking and caking other product on top of one another don’t give you the goal you are looking for.
Mommy Minute Hack 8 … Don’t Bake or Cake your face!