Our Favorite Spring Activities!
Spring is here and one of my favorite spring time activities to do with the girls is gardening! They love to play in the dirt, dig, plant seeds, water the plants and watch a beautiful flower bloom. It’s very rewarding to see them wake up every morning and check on the progress of their plant! Gardening is also educational, my older daughter loves to make a chart and track the progress while my little one counts the seeds and tracks the days of the week. It’s a win win!
Below I’m going to list a few of my favorite inexpensive spring activities
- Gardening – You can pickup all the supplies you need at your local dollar store including décor.
- Drawing Contest – Have an Easter Bunny Drawing Competition – An activity full of loads of laughter and bonding. You can use a paper plate, construction paper, brown paper bag or anything you have handy.
- Coloring – Print out pictures and have your child paint and decorate them.
- Painting Eggs – This is a family favorite; you can also get Puffy Paint and make polka dots or lines on your eggs for a 3-D look.
- Family Picnic – My children LOVE picnic time, the location doesn’t matter to them, the park, the backyard, the living room, all they know is we are “Having a picnic!”
- Local Egg Hunts – Attend local Easter Egg Hunts in your area, most of them are FREE! Don’t forget your Easter Baskets!
- Go for a Walk – My girls love walking around the neighborhood and looking for “treasures.”
- Blow Bubbles – You can buy some at your local store or make your own (warning, super fun)
- Make a Bird Feeder – You can use a water jug and decorate it.
- Play Hopscotch – This is a super simple activity filled with lots of fun and laughter.