Five Fun Kids Events in Broward This Month
Spring is here and there is plenty to do. Celebrate by attending an Easter Event, an Autism Awareness Day, an Earth Day or a Bilingual Event.
World Autism Awareness Days
- April 2nd – 4th
- Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) Museum, 401 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Free with Paid Admission, $19 to $24.
Celebrate World Autism Awareness Days at the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) Museum. There is lots to do. Kids can watch a sensory friendly screening of a movie, learn about sound waves and/or make-and-take your own instruments. In addition to those activities, there will be more hand-on activities throughout the museum.
6th Annual Heal The Planet Day
- April 25, 2021, 10am – 4pm.
- Esplanade Park, 400 Southwest 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Attend this Free, Fun Family Earth day Event at Fort Lauderdale’s Esplanade Park. There is so much to do that you may not know where to start. There is a kids zone with face painting, yoga and more. Kids will also learn how to grow their own food in a sustainable way. If your family would rather just sit back and relax, then feel free to listen to live music, healing modalities, breathing exercises and wellness speakers. In addition, there are also environmentally conscious and healthy food vendors and a raffle.
Canciones y Cuentos, Songs and Stories
- Every Thursday in April, 2021 at 11am
- Location: nova.edu/Facebook
- More Info: http://broward.libnet.info/event/4932514
South Florida is a diverse community. Let’s embrace it by listening to traditional songs, original songs and new interpretations of folktales each week in English and Spanish! This event is led by Alina Celeste.
EASTER DRIVE THRU EGG HUNT AT BROWARD HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER
- April 3 2021, 10am – 12pm.
- Broward Health – Fort Lauderdale, 1600 S. Andrews Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Everyone doesn’t feel comfortable attending a traditional egg hunt these days. That is understandable. Instead of the traditional egg hunt scramble, attend this the Easter Drive-Thru Egg Hunt at Broward Health Medical Center. Kids receive goody bags, can take selfies with the Easter Bunny from the car and/or make special cards for emergency responders, medical staff or their patients.
Egg-Stavangaza at Double Flush Stables
- April 3, 2021, 10:30am – 1:30pm
- Double Flush Stables, 4270 SW 92nd Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328.
- Egg Hunt – Free. Costs for Other Activities.
Enjoy Easter on a farm with traditional and non-traditional activities. Activities include an Egg hunt, horse rides, petting zoo, bull rides, egg coloring contest, food and a raffle. There are family discounts available and the proceeds will benefit the homeless. Your kids have fun while supporting a charity.
This information is provided by The Kid On The Go. to find more events around Broward and South Florida, please go to http://www.thekidonthego.com/calendar